Sunscreen protects you from harmful UVA and UVB rays. However it provides protection only when applied properly.
1. Use a broad spectrum, water resistant sunscreen with SPF greater than 30.
2. Apply it 20 minutes (time taken for absorption) prior to going out on sun or you will get sunburn (Only with Chemical Sunscreen).
3. Apply enough amount of sunscreen. It takes about 20 gms to cover all the areas in an adult (4 teaspoon or 1.5 tablespoon).
4. Apply it on all the exposed areas (face, neck, ears, arms, feet and leg if exposed). If you have thinning hair, apply sunscreen on scalp or wear hat.
5. If you are outdoors, to remain protected reapply every 2 hours or after profuse sweating.
Sunburn happens if
* Not enough amount is applied
* Applied after sun exposure
* Expired product.
Do follow us to keep yourself updated on skin care and skin health.